If you have any questions please contact us via:
Email: conference2020 [at] iscientist.de (Sandra Weimer)
Address of the board of trustees:
- Felizitas Kirner
- Kevin Sawade
- Irene Sánchez Arribas
- Sandra Weimer
- Inara Mahkamova
- Marie-Claire Kabengele
Lise-Meitner-Gesellschaft e.V. für die Gleichstellung von Frauen in den Naturwissenschaften und der Mathematik inner- und außerhalb der akademischen Laufbahn e.V.
Board: Rebecca Klopsch, Celina Love, Kristina Lovrek, Mara Oßwald, Katrin Reininger, Haibo Ruan, Lina Taube
(also ‘LMG‘) as well as the I, Scientist organizing team (see https://www.iscientist.berlin/contact-us) process your personal information as controller (‘Verantwortliche’) if you
- register or otherwise obtain a ticket for the conference I, Scientist 2020 or someone wishes to transfer a ticket to you, or
- are present at the conference I, Scientist 2020 as attendee, speaker, exhibitor, sponsor a.o., or
- help us organize the conference I, Scientist 2020, or
- contact us in any way.
If you have questions, comments and/or concerns regarding this policy, please contact Franziska Flegel via datenschutz [at] lise-meitner-gesellschaft . de.
What personal data we process
In general we process the following data depending on your status regarding I, Scientist 2020:
- Conference participants: full name, name of institution, status of membership within Lise Meitner Society (member/ non member), address, how they heard about the conference, their field of study/work, voluntary information like gender, special requirements like childcare, sign language translation, food allergies
- Speakers and Coaches: name, first name, short biography (authored by the speakers themselves)
- Exhibitors: name, first name, name of institution, booth maesures, content alignment of the booth
- Sponsoring partners, related partners: name of institution, amount of donation, kind of sponsoring; employee responsible for communication or sponsoring
We take take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data. Therefore we use only on the following external platforms to store your data: Strato and/or Telekom/Microsoft OneDrive (contract of data processing is signed with the companies), whose servers are located within the EU.
Why we process your personal data
- In order to organize and manage the conference I, Scientist 2020 and send you relevant information, we store and process your personal data on the legal basis of Art. 6 par. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
- With the purpose to report about this conference and promote future events of the LMG, we store, process and publish photographs and videos of the conference on the legal basis of Art. 6 par. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
- With the purpose to inform you about future events of the LMG, we store and process your email address on the legal basis of Art. 6 par. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose some or all of the Personal Data we collect from and obtain about you to the following third parties:
- Third Party Service Providers
Strato and/or Telekom/Microsoft OneDrive (contract of data processing is signed with the company), whose servers are located within the EU.
- Regulatory Authorities, Law Enforcement Agencies, Public Bodies and Other Third-Party Companies
To comply with any applicable legal obligation, court order, summons, search warrants, or any other legal or regulatory obligation or request to which the LMG is or may become subject; and to protect the rights, property or safety of the LMG or others.
- Other Recipients
We may share your Personal Data with other third parties as and when necessary with external advisors such as our lawyers, accountants and auditors.
Transmission of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will always do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strictly maintained physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of your personal data
In general, we store your personal data for the legal retention period.
If you would like to know more about how long we will retain your Personal Data, please contact Franziska Flegel via datenschutz [at] lise-meitner-gesellschaft . de
Your rights and how to excercise them
You have a number of rights in relation to your Personal Data. Note that in certain circumstances these rights might not be absolute.
- Right to be Informed
You have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed by us, how we use your Personal Data and your rights in relation to your Personal Data.
- Right of Access
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data held by us about you and to access the information which we hold about you.
- Right to Rectification
You have the right to have any inaccurate Personal Data which we hold about you updated or corrected.
- Right to Erasure
In certain circumstances, you may also have the Personal Data that we hold about you deleted, for example if you exercise your right to object and we do not have an overriding reason to process your Personal Data or if we no longer require your Personal Data for the purposes set out in this notice.
- Right to Restriction of Processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict processing your Personal Data in certain cases, including if you believe that the Personal Data we hold about you is inaccurate or that our use of your Personal Data is unlawful. If you validly exercise this right, we will store your Personal Data and will not carry out any other processing on it until the issue is resolved.
- Right to Data Portability
You may request us to provide you with your Personal Data which you have given us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may request us to transmit your Personal Data directly to another controller where this is technically feasible.
This right only arises where we process your Personal Data on the legal basis of either your consent or where it is necessary to perform our contract with you and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to Object
You have a right to object at any time to the processing of your Personal Data where we process your Personal Data on the legal basis of pursuing our legitimate interests.
Please note you have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data for the purposes of sending you news and information not related to this conference.
You can exercise any of these rights by submitting a request to Franziska Flegel via datenschutz [at] lise-meitner-gesellschaft . de
Changes to this notice
If at any time we decide to use your Personal Data in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Notice, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by e-mail, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your Personal Data in the new manner.